Tuesday 21 June 2011

To elaborate a little....

Thanks for your comments on the previous post. I think I should elaborate a little on the situation.

The issue of me having sole charge of the boys has been raised by the counceller tracy has been seeing after discussing the separation anxiety one of the boys is suffering whenever Tracy goes out at the moment. I am not convinced that this is the cause of the problem but I have to put their welfare before my pride, and there isn't much point in seeking professional advice if you are going to ignore it. We have discussed it with the boys and while their viewpoint is important, one obviously has to take into account their alternative agenda but I do accept that being so physically disabled and unable to communicate easily, there might be a situation which I might struggle to deal with.

Also it was suggested that if something were to happen with them while I had sole charge, tracy could be exposed to social services sticking their nose in .

So I guess I will just have to live with it.


.

2 comments:

Pollyanna said...

Steve
No-one could even begin to imagine the impact that this b*****d disease has on your boys and Tracy.I am lucky that, although my disease affects my girls and Leonard quite badly, at least they are independent. It must be the final insult of this disease to be told that you are not capable of looking after your own children (though I can see the logic). Your determination and guts are an inspiration to many. The cowards who bog off to Switzerland at the first sign of trouble have a lot to answer for. Though I have some very bad days and was rather shaken when Prof Shaw referred to me in a letter as 'tetraplegic'(!) I still feel that I have much to give both my girls and the world in general (poor b*****s)!
Keep your chin up, Steve (metaphorically speaking- this neck thing drives you mad, doesn't it?).
xxxx

Helen said...

Remember, professionals will all have different opinions to each other also.
There should never be a 'threat' around social services interfering because they are guided to try to help as much as they can.
Like Pollyanna said, being there for your children is far more than any physical ability. Your blog needs to be read by social workers. It teaches more than any lecture.
You should also start tweeting!