Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Cruise 2011 Day 11

Today we are at sea on the way to our penultimate stop at Lisbon. The day got off to a bad start when I was told that my wheelchair charger had been off all night because one of the boys had kicked the power cord out on the way to bed! The trip into alicante combined with a long day running the computer had drained the batteries yesterday so it was going to need the full 9 hours to recharge. I reckoned a 5 hour charge would suffice to keep it going until midnight and its now 9pm and its looking good! Everyone thinks I am paranoid about checking power cords on chargers but it's such a pain when this happens. I finally left the room at 2pm, in time for the belly flop competition at the pool; daft but very amusing!


Tracy managed a bit of yoga in the cabin while I (as you can see) got my blog up to date for the first time since Gibraltar. We met up at the ice rink for the second ice show. As usual, a good wheelchair space required me to be there an hour before show time!

After we met for a drink with my old work colleague, Mark and his girlfriend. The boys already knew that they had a junior suite with a balcony so they weren't going to get away without letting the boys see how the other half live. I hope they had the sense to blindfold them en route otherwise the last 3 days of there cruise won't be very peaceful.

We are now sitting in the Viking lounge with panoramic views out to sea. In half an hour we are returning to the ice rink for a event called The Quest, based on a TV show of the same name. I will report back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Steve

Just logged on to your blog and read about the cruise - sounds very good - hope the weather stays good for you for the remainder. Lets catch up when you get back so we can see some pics. (Slightly surprised you don't have a spare battery!) John