Saturday 4 June 2011

The Cruise 2011 Day 8

Today we arrived in Palma, Majorca for a 2 day stop. We chose to have a relaxed day on the ship and go into Palma tomorrow. The weather is overcast and we can see a thunderstorm over the mountains. So playing various games with the boys seemed a good plan. They were screening The Social Network at the cinema so while the weather was not conducive for sunbathing we went to watch it. Our comments on last year's feedback form had been completely ignored as they still had a crappy projector. For a ship that cost almost one billion dollars, they could have spent a grand on a decent one. We suspected some of the more senior members of the audience hadn't read the summary in the film guide or maybe we were being prejudiced and that Mabel and Cyril were avid Facebook users who wanted to find out about the man that had brought them together. Twenty minutes in, I had to move a second time for each of them to pass me as they left; a little irritating as most of them had arrived only ten minutes earlier, forcing me to move after the film had started. I was tempted to type out 'they sell watches on deck 5' but I would have missed even more of what was an excellent film.


In the evening, the band from yesterday played at the pool party which kept us entertained until after midnight, although it turned out that Rock The Boat did have a wedding reception setlist.

By the way, for the grammatical perfectionists reading this (I know one person who probably whinces throughout) I am well aware of the mixed tenses within my blogs but they are often started in the present and completed later. My preferred text editor doesn't have a spell checker and I can't be arsed to copy everything into Word before publishing. And at 65 cents per minute for an internet connection, only the most embarassing mistakes get corrected online.

1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

Two 'r's in embarrassing, Steve.............
Ha,ha. Good blog. xx