Saturday 26 February 2011

How to spend 2 hours achieving nothing with O2

Welcome to O2. Someone will start chatting with you soon.




You're through to Rick.



Rick: Hi I'm Rick. How can I help?



steve evans : hi, I have two pay as you go sims *****163950 and *****803582, the 582 number is my main texting sim and I want to keep this number and have the benefit of no expiry time on the credit. The 950 number has mobile internet services. I really want one sim with my 582 number and mobile internet. Ideally I would like neither text or mobile internet allowance to expire until the credit has been used, but I certainly don't want text allowance expiring. I am severely disabled and unable to speak so can only discuss this by email. What is the best way of achieving what I want



steve evans : I type using my eyes which is very slow, bear with me



Rick: I'll help you with it.



Rick: I can transfer the entire allowances from your number *****163950 to the number that you wish to keep *****803582.



steve evans : ok, and the 582 number will then be 3g enabled, yes?



Rick: Yes, that's correct.



steve evans : will either data or text allowance expire after 30 days



Rick: I'll arrange it so that you can use them till 30 days.



steve evans : but I don't want texts expiring after 30 days, they don't now - I only send a few each month



Rick: Okay, let em check.



steve evans : thanks



Rick: My pleasure.



Rick: I'll be right with you.



steve evans : ok



Rick: Is there anything else I can help you with?



steve evans : not at the moment



Rick: It was great chatting with you.



Rick: Have a great day.



steve evans : e what is the answer



steve evans : about text allowance



steve evans : hello



Rick: Yes.



steve evans : what is the answer about text allowance



Rick: What we can do is simply add the text allowance to this *****803582 number, would that be okay?



steve evans : but do they expire after 30 days



steve evans : they don't currently



Rick: Ever tariff that you're on expires after 30 days.



Rick: You get free text messages once in a month on your anniversary date only.



steve evans : I can still text using unexpired credit after 30 days, I just lose the unlimited feature



Rick: Yes, I'm sorry about that as this is as per our tariffs and this tariffs give unlimited text messages for 30 days only.



steve evans : but why am I able to currently on the 582 number



Rick: Let me take care of that for you.



Rick: Before I do that, can I know your current credit balance?



steve evans : I don't expect unlimited texts after 30 days but I do want to be able to use unspent credit



steve evans : let me check



Rick: Sure.



Rick: A great way to check your balance is by entering *#10# and pressing your send button. Your balance will then be displayed on your screen.



steve evans : 35.92



steve evans : I am using dongle, not phone



Rick: Thanks. I've just added unlimited text messages that you can go ahead and start using with your Pay & Go SIM card with number *****803582



steve evans : great and the 3g data has been enabled and allowance transferred?



Rick: All SIM cards are 3G enables and you'll have no trouble using the Internet on it.



Rick: As you other SIM card with number *****163950 is a mobile broadband SIM card, we'll not be able to transfer the allowances.



steve evans : is the 582 number now on your system, I couldn't add data credit earlier



Rick: Just for you I've added unlimited Internet for you on this number *****803582.



Rick: You can now go ahead and start using unlimited text and unlimited Internet.



steve evans : brilliant thanks, will this sim work ok in usb dongle



Rick: You'll not be able to use it in the USB dongle as it's a Pay & Go SIM card.



Rick: You'll have no trouble accessing the Internet in your phone.



Rick: My pleasure.



steve evans : but I don't use a phone I use a dongle!



Rick: Let me take care of that for you.



Rick: I've just added 1GB free just for you that you can use for the next 30 days.



Rick: You can go ahead and use this SIM card *****163950 with your dongle.



steve evans : brilliant, how do I add more later



Rick: Sure, let me get a link for you.



steve evans : its not 950 but 582 sim



Rick: Yes, that's the same one you'll be able to Top-Up 1GB with. I'm just getting that link for you.



Rick: You can click on this linka nd you'll be able to Top-Up your number ending in 950.



steve evans : you just said 07592163950 in dongle but its 07729803582



Rick: Let me tell you that you'll only be able to use the SIM card with number 07592163950 in your dongle as it's a broadband SIM card.



steve evans : aarrgghh.. The point was I wanted to retain my 582 number and have broadband facility on it



Rick: It's just that the Pay & Go number 07729803582 can't be transferred to our mobile broadband service.



steve evans : I currently use 582 in a dongle for text



Rick: You'll not be able to send any text messages from 07729803582 from your dongle as this will only work in your Pay & Go mobile phone.



Rick: You'll only be bale to use 07592163950 in the dongle.



Rick: I've just added 1GB that you can use for a month on 07592163950, you can go ahead and start using it.



steve evans : so, if I change my number to 950, which is a pain, and use the broadband sim for texts will I have the 30 day limit on credit useage



Rick: I'm sorry as we'll not be able to change either of the numbers for you and you'll need to use them both individually.



steve evans : I meant if I start using the 950 sim for texting will I be able to use unused text credit after 30 days



Rick: You'll not be able to use the unused text after 30 days but you need not worry about that as you can simply come back to us and we'll add it for you again.



steve evans : ok, appreciate your patience even if I haven't really achieved what I wanted



Rick: It's been my pleasure.



steve evans : ok bye



Rick: Is there anything else I can help you with?



steve evans : you are a brave man!



steve evans : no thanks



Rick: My pleasure.



Rick: It was great chatting with you.

1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

He should be saying that to you....... "Thank you for your patience"! Lucky for him that you cannot shout with e mail. B****y hell. What a pillock!