Sunday 20 February 2011

A Busy Decade

The boys are 10 today, I am writing this in Pizza Express while everyone is eating. I had been worried about potential meltdowns from certain quarters; Luke had already received his present back in November - the drum kit, and Jake simply couldn't think of anything he wanted other than his Gibson Explorer guitar which at £1000 wasn't going to happen. There can't be a better, or should I say worse indicator of having spoilt ones children rotten, when they can't think of anything they want for their birthday. So we had said we would give him money to put towards something. But I wasn't convinced that a piece of paper with Natwest and some writing on would really cut it as Daniel took delivery of his electric scooter. Similarly, I was fairly sure that the novelty of Luke's drums would have worn off by now and we were going to have two disappointed boys.


I needn't have worried as they have only played with one thing all day; the Nerf guns from their uncle Jeremy. I am just waiting for the arguments about who's nicked who's ammunition. I have just noticed that Daniel has written 'D' on all of his (and probably a few of his brothers'!)

My family came over and joined us for lunch (where I started this) and we have just returned home for the birthday cake made by their cousin Alisha.



With everyone together we took the opportunity to get a family photo. Our friend, Ros came armed with a decent camera and turned photographer for an hour.

By 6:30, most of the Nerf foam darts had been lost, so while they settled down to watch a birthday present DVD, I went on ebay, arms dealing and battle will recommence around Wednesday depending on the post.

No comments: