Thursday 6 September 2012

First Day at Secondary School

Yesterday was a landmark day for me as much as it was for the boys. Like the London Olympics, I didn't expect to see it back in 2007. I remember my first day at secondary school very clearly and the 7 years I was there doesn't seem that long ago. I would never agree with the "best days of your life" saying, (although compared to current circumstances they are pretty high up the list) but it was the backdrop to several significant 'firsts'; first car, first girlfriend, first excess alcohol consumption being amongst them. I am sure those particular events are inextricably linked but now is not the time to go there. Anyway, the boys returned unscathed and had enjoyed it so I hope the next 7 years are as memorable for them! .




3 comments:

phil said...

Wow they look so grown up. Jake and Daniel are mini steve's. It is so important you are here to see them start. Such a massive day.
Laura xx

Joseph Pritchard said...

What a milestone - good luck to them all - cheers,Joe

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's certainly a milestone. I remember them in the tripple buggy at Twins (& more)Club. They all look very handsome! Hope it goes well. Anna P