Friday 5 August 2011

A Brave Man

Yesterday I got a comment on my blog from another MND sufferer who found the blog through the Patients Like Me website. He is only 36 (3 years younger than me when I was diagnosed) and I hope like me, has a relatively slow progression. He said that he has just read my entire blog from the beginning (hence the title), which is very flattering because it now comprises 150 entries!


He also has a blog which I read yesterday and will continue to follow. His first entry was interesting as it describes his diagnosis experience which was remarkably similar to mine, and since I never included this previously in my blog, you might be interested in reading it.

http://chris-versus-mnd.weebly.com/

I hope that he found reading the blog more helpful than depressing and scary and that despite the challenging path that lies ahead, readin my experiences will make it a little easier and less bleak. There is no escaping the awfulness of MND but with determination you can (most of the time) have a 'living with it' outlook as opposed to a 'dying from it' one.
 
 
.

3 comments:

Kevin Rackind said...

Steve

Be assured that your blog doesn't only inspire those with MND.

Sure there are a lot of people like myself who regularly read your blog and never fail to be inspired by the way you face your awful struggles.

Never posted on your blog before, but have constantly followed it.

Best wishes to you and the family

Kevin

Janet said...

Hi Steve ! I have found your blog through the link on Chris versus MND site-thought I`d just say hello and wish you well-my brother is living with MND -get in touch and I will post you one of our MND awareness bands-a truly inspiring blog.
www.supportingandrew.blogspot.com

kindest regards janet

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

G'Day Steve, Chris has a link to your blog so of course I had to pop over and say hello:) I'm starting at the beginning so it may take a day or two to catch up. Inspirational reading Steve and I will be following from now on. Happy Monday and sending some sunshine your way, whoops I believe you are having plenty of that at present. Linda xx