Monday 1 July 2013

The July blog

Don't be alarmed... I know two blogs in as many weeks is a bit of shocker.


The live-in carer situation is working well, although due to the lack of progress finding a replacement 2nd carer, Kadvi, the 1st carer is doing 3 week shifts at the moment so is probably getting sick of the sight of me. Although bedtimes are no later because of the necessity for a double up carer, the daytime is much more flexible and during the last week I have gone out almost every day. It's only been local but it's a very welcome change. Kadvi has been very flexible with her break times and has combined outings with her running, so it's working well. I just hope she stays a while.

I tested a new eyegaze system recently, not primarily for me but for a friend who is considering buying one. Saying that, I wouldn't say no to a nice new eyegaze system. My current system is completely familiar to me and I know it's faults and have the necessary work arounds. But it IS starting to creak after almost 4 years constant use, and I am increasingly concerned with being left high by it failing. In an ideal world I would have this as a backup system and get a new system with all the new features.

Our cruise is getting nearer and I am starting to look forward to it now the carer has been sorted. Also I just discovered my standing hoist fits in the car so I can it on cruise. It will make transfers much quicker and easier, and more importantly it will allow me to maintain leg strength.

4 comments:

Rach said...

all sounds quite positive matey, bet you can't wait for the cruise. Very glad routine things are functioning at least at the mo.

phil said...

Sounds great- & the sun is shining at last.....

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so pleased to hear things have got a little easier at long last. I'm glad you can start to look forward to the cruise too. It's great to hear from you. Anna P

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness something is working. You should become an eye gaze rep. Who better to sell the system and get the latest updates for free as payment? You deserve it. You are an inspiration going on a cruise many able people may find daunting. I hope with all my heart it is an amazing holiday for you with the family. Thank you for blogging, you have made my day. Laura X.
Roughiva 2211