Tuesday 27 November 2012

More S**t

My latest problem is getting me down. Until about 10 days ago I was reasonably comfortable in bed but now, every night I start coughing and it escalates for 2 hours after which I am inhaling snot and saliva with every gasp. My face and neck are also dripping in the same. The mucus in my chest can't be coughed up so I just keep coughing ineffectively. It's deeply unpleasant and exhausting but I don't think there is any solution; I already have the bed head raised.


During the day I am also more prone to coughing and I spend all day sitting by my bedroom patio door so I can wedge my feet against it to prevent me sliding down in my wheelchair when I cough. I spend much more time with my head down which enables easier swallowing but I can't use the eyegaze or watch TV. And the effort to lift my head each time is monumental! So I am thoroughly sick of everything.

2 comments:

Judy Royal Glenn said...

Steve,

I am sorry you are having a tough time. ~ Judy

Anonymous said...

Hello Steve,Im Moira,a fellow victim of this terrible disease. WHEN this happens to me,as indeed,it will, Ive been advised by mnd nurse to ask for both a chest physiotherapist to attend,plus loan of a cough assist machine.Carer will be trained to use it,in due course. The problem is not all Care centres have either a chest physio or cough assist machine. But this is urgent for you. Best wishes