Wednesday 22 February 2012

Boys' Birthday

The boys had their 11th birthday on Monday. They were a bit put out because it's the first year it's landed in school term time instead of the half term. Luke in his inimitable manner has researched the calendar until 2017 to confirm it doesn't happen again; it doesn't!


They didn't have a party but instead are having sleepovers. They are spread over 3 weeks and the two boys not involved will stay at aunty sue's and grandma's to protect our sanity. Luke has already had his and confirmed what a misnomer the term 'sleepover' is! Unbeknown to us he told his friends that if they wanted to bring presents just to bring cash and now has an envelope with fifty quid in it. That's m'boy.

Tracy's family came over on Sunday and the boys got their eagerly anticipated stunt scooters. They also got some ramps to use with them. Finally they got Nerf Stampede guns which, as anyone with boys of a similar age will know, is the king of foam dart guns. We now have 180 darts distributed around the house. Judging by the quantity lost in inaccessible places after the first day, I reckon I will avoid having to buy the eighteen replacement D-size batteries!

On Monday my family came over for the second round of presents. Their cousin Alisha had made an absolutely brilliant Monopoly cake (the boys favourite game at the moment). It seemed a shame to cut it.
 


Regarding my computer virus, I think this afternoon I finally cracked it. I had a root kit virus, a dns virus, a svchost virus and a couple of trojans. fortunately it was only internet affected so I have also spent the last 2 days remotely configuring and updating my spare tablet which I was going to swap this with allowing me to fix this remotely and not while it was my primary eyegaze system. My last blog explained the risk involved. Anyway hopefully I won't need to swap it now but its good to have the spare system upto date. Thank christ for dameware remote control software it's the DBs. I reckon it might be a world first, remotely controlling a secondary eyegaze system using eyegaze control on another computer! My eyes are knackered!

.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the boys - what an amazing cake. Well done with the virus, although I don't understand a word of it all!Christine

phil said...

Fantastic cake....... Sorry its a belated happy birthday to the three amigos.....